Guardian Standards – Pistol
WHEN: Sunday July 24th, 2022 From 8:30am to 5:30pm
This Guardian Standards – Pistol course is the second in a series of 3 defensive pistol courses. In order to attend students MUST have previously have completed Guardian Essentials – Pistol.
In this 1-day course, students build on the essential skills developed in Guardian Essentials Pistol. Students will be timed and scored on core drills and tests and will all grow and show improvement by the end of the day.
The course is called “Standards” because students will be pushed to a standard we feel necessary to have confidence in daily carry and self-defense gun fighting.
Graduates Will Receive:
- A signed certificate of course completion
- A custom Patch specific to the course that only those who have attended and completed the Guardian Standards – Pistol course have the privilege of wearing and displaying
- A numbered Challenge Coin that can be added to your own personal collection of Challenge Coins received for completion and distinction attained in ConcealedCarry.com and Guardian Nation courses
Besides these awesome gifts and extras, our goal is to provide as complete and turnkey of an experience as possible, so we will also be including all of the following in this upcoming Guardian Standards – Pistol course:
- Access to club-house
- World-class instruction from qualified and experienced instructors
- Eye and Ear Protection, if necessary
Approximately 400 rounds will be fired in this single day course. (ammo not included)
Class curriculum will cover the following:
- Shooting with Speed AND Accuracy
- A great emphasis on faster draw and sight acquisition
- A deep dive on recoil management and tighter/faster shot groupings
- Positional Shooting (Prone, Supine, Seated, etc)
- One-handed Shooting Techniques
- Working With and Around Cover
- Performing Reloads
- Type 1, 2, and 3 Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting and Moving
- Working in 360-degree environments
- Target Transitions
- Decision-making Under Stress
- Final Exercises that will test your skills and abilities learned throughout the day
Meet Your Instructor:
Rob has over the last 10 years been a volunteer hunter education instructor in Ohio and the last 7 years has been a NRA Instructor. In 2012 he became an appointed NRA Training Counselor and is one of the few in the US that can teach all of the NRA Firearm Training Classes. Learn more about Rob on his profile.
This Guardian Standards – Pistol course is part of a curriculum from ConcealedCarry.com that is a culmination of teaching thousands of students; studying, interviewing and taking courses from many of the great instructors of the modern fighting pistol and techniques. We have distilled modern gunfighting down to its most basic form and science and only spend time teaching what you ACTUALLY NEED and what is PROVEN to be EFFECTIVE in WINNING GUNFIGHTS!!
You will not find this exact course or curriculum anywhere else! You will find portions of it and pieces that inspired it elsewhere, but you will not find all those courses in one place taught in one class in one day like you will here in Guardian Standards – Pistol from ConcealedCarry.com.
Video testimonial about the class from previous students:
Ready to Enroll in The Class?
Not Just Yet… Please Read Some Important Information About What Students Will Need to Bring to The Class…
Students will have to meet these prerequisites and bring the following:
Have previously attended and passed Guardian Essentials Pistol
Be physically capable of walking, running, kneeling, standing, sitting, etc. If you have physical limitations, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please let us know ahead of time if you require special accommodations.
A handgun that is appropriate for CCW and defensive shooting
* Micro compact guns are not preferred as your primary firearms—Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard and similar. You may have opportunities to try your micro pistols at an appropriate time, but you will struggle throughout the day if your primary pistol is one of these types.
* Double-stack mid-sized or full-sized semi-autos are preferred—Glock 19 or similar—but not absolutely necessary. Slightly smaller carry pistols (Glock 43, S&W Shield, Ruger LC9, etc.) have been used successfully in this course, but they are more difficult to shoot than their slightly larger counterparts.
* We want you to use what you will actually carry or defend your home with. But with smaller guns, they will be more difficult to shoot quickly and accurately, and you will be required to reload more often.
A MINIMUM of 3 magazines for double-stack guns, and a MINIMUM of 5 magazines for single-stack guns.
An appropriate holster—a concealment holster is preferred, but not necessary. OWB holsters are acceptable as well. The following holsters are not allowed for primary use: ankle, thigh, bra, crossdraw. This is for the safety of other students on the firing line. If one of these styles of holsters is your primary daily carry holster, please let us know, and we will give you an opportunity to train with these at an appropriate time during the course.
Appropriate clothing for the shooting and weather conditions: Pants, No low-collared or V-neck shirts, Hat with a forward-facing brim, Good shoes or boots, Kneepads if you want or have knee problems as there will be some kneeling and shooting, Coat/Jacket depending on weather, shooting gloves if desired. We will generally still hold this class regardless of the weather, so come prepared to be hot, cold, wet, or frozen.