About the Ohio CCW Class:
Guardian Essentials – Pistol
WHEN: Saturday September 22nd, 2018 From 8:30am to 5:30pm
This Guardian Essentials – Pistol course is the first in a series of defensive pistol courses. In this 1-day course, it starts out fairly basic, but it advances quickly throughout the day. Participants will need to be prepared to come ready to learn and focus as it will require focused effort at all times to successfully accomplish the course objectives. Newer shooters with solid fundamentals that work hard will have no problem getting through the course. Experienced shooters will also benefit from the methodical approach to fundamentals in the beginning but will also be really challenged later in the day.
Graduates Will Receive:
- A hand-signed certificate of course completion
- A custom Patch specific to the course that only those who have attended and completed the Guardian Essentials – Pistol course have the privilege of wearing and displaying
- A numbered Challenge Coin that can be added to your own personal collection of Challenge Coins received for completion and distinction attained in ConcealedCarry.com and Guardian Nation courses
- A gift certificate valued at $50 that can be applied toward any product for sale on ConcealedCarry.com
Besides these awesome gifts and extras, our goal is to provide as complete and turnkey of an experience as possible, so we will also be including all of the following in this upcoming Guardian Essentials – Pistol course:
- Ammunition* ($100+ Value)
- A catered lunch ($20 Value)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Access to club-house
- World-class instruction from some of the most respected instructors
- Eye and Ear Protection, if necessary
*At this time we are only able to provide 9mm ammunition. If you shoot a different caliber, you will need to bring your own ammunition. Reloads are okay, but if you experience multiple malfunctions, you will be invited to sit out of the class. Also we are not liable for ammunition you provide or that we provide for any damage or injury caused to you or your gun. Factory new ammunition is strongly preferred. New ammunition may or may not be available for purchase onsite—we cannot guarantee it.
**Approximately 500-600 rounds will be fired in this single day course.
Class curriculum will cover the following:
- Fundamentals Overview
- Ready Positions
- Concepts of Aiming
- Target Presentation
- Shooting with Speed AND Accuracy
- Positional Shooting (Prone, Kneeling, Sitting, etc)
- One-handed Shooting Techniques
- Working With Cover
- Drawing From a Concealed Holster
- Performing Tactical Reloads
- Malfunctions Clearing
- Shooting and Moving
- Defense Scenario Considerations
- Multiple Targets and Target Transitions
- Decision-making Under Stress
- and Final Exercises that will test your skills and abilities learned throughout the day
What Is The Value of This Course?
What is the value of knowing that beyond a few tips from your CCW Instructor, and some shooting at the range on your own; that you not only now posses the right skills in order to defend yourself and your loved ones; but you also know WHAT to practice on your own in order to cement those skills.
But All The Soft and Feely Stuff Aside… Here are the Numbers:
- Ammunition: Most classes require you pay extra for the ammo… and often you have to buy it from the range at a premium cost. During this course we will provide the ammo* for you. We’ll shoot about 500 rounds per person so even if you bought the “white-box” cheap ammo at Walmart that would cost you well over $100. VALUE: $100+
- Full Day Of High-Caliber Instruction From 2 Instructors: Riley and Jacob generally charge a few hundred dollars per hour to be on the range… with just one of them. But even if divided among several students you will still receive very personal, one-on-one attention and instruction. Even if you figure a VERY reasonable $60 / hour with Riley and Jacob over the course of 9 hours that’s still a VALUE of $540
- $50 Gift Certificate on ConcealedCarry.com: Each student will receive a $50 gift certificate good for any purchase on ConcealedCarry.com. It will help you find your next holster, weapon-mounted light, ammunition, training materials, targets, or whatever you need to be a more prepared Guardian. VALUE: $50
- The Extras: Students will be fed a delicious BBQ lunch, have access to snacks & drinks all day, and receive a course completion certificate. Students will also receive a course exclusive patch. Instructors will provide all the targets, target stands, range accommodations, etc. VALUE: $50
Total Course Value: $760
(Don’t Worry That Isn’t What We Are Charging)
On September 22nd For 10 Students Only The Price is $350
Ready to Enroll in The Class?
Not Just Yet… Please Read Some Important Information About What Students Will Need to Bring to The Class…
Students will have to meet these prerequisites and bring the following:
Have previously attended a basic handgun safety course, CCW course, NRA Basic Pistol course or a similar, or can demonstrate a substantial familiarity with firearms (this is NOT a course to learn how to shoot—you should already be familiar with your firearm, holster, sights, loading your firearm, etc.)
Watch several preparatory videos in advance of the course date (videos provided after signing up for the course and total less than 30 minutes of total material)
Be physically capable of walking, running, kneeling, standing, sitting, etc. If you have physical limitations, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please let us know ahead of time if you require special accommodations.
A handgun that is appropriate for CCW and defensive shooting
* Micro compact guns are not preferred as your primary firearms—Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard and similar. You may have opportunities to try your micro pistols at an appropriate time, but you will struggle throughout the day if your primary pistol is one of these types.
* Double-stack mid-sized or full-sized semi-autos are preferred—Glock 19 or similar—but not absolutely necessary. Slightly smaller carry pistols (Glock 43, S&W Shield, Ruger LC9, etc.) have been used successfully in this course, but they are more difficult to shoot than their slightly larger counterparts.
* We want you to use what you will actually carry or defend your home with. But with smaller guns, they will be more difficult to shoot quickly and accurately, and you will be required to reload more often.
A MINIMUM of 3 magazines for double-stack guns, and a MINIMUM of 5 magazines for single-stack guns.
An appropriate holster—a concealment holster is preferred, but not necessary. OWB holsters are acceptable as well. The following holsters are not allowed for primary use: ankle, thigh, bra, crossdraw. This is for the safety of other students on the firing line. If one of these styles of holsters is your primary daily carry holster, please let us know, and we will give you an opportunity to train with these at an appropriate time during the course.
Appropriate clothing for the shooting and weather conditions : Pants, No low-collared or V-neck shirts, Hat with forward-facing brim, Good shoes or boots, Knee pads if you want or have knee problems as there will be some kneeling and shooting, Coat/Jacket depending on weather, shooting gloves if desired. We will generally still hold this class regardless of the weather, so come prepared to be hot, cold, wet, or frozen.
Don’t worry, this class is designed for someone who already took a basic CCW Class and is ready for the next step. You don’t need to be an expert shooter… and in fact if you have prior tactical shooting training this really isn’t for you. You will be standing next to other gun owners who are ready to learn and excited to take the next step forward on the Armed Citizen Journey to being a Guardian!
ADDED BONUS: $185
When you sign up for this class today you will immediately receive a coupon pack valued at $185. Coupons provide discounts up to $25 on various industry proven products that you will probably need anyway. Products include: Gun law books and videos, training pistols, holsters, gun cleaning products, gun safes and cases, training tools, hearing protection, and more. Click here for more details.
About the Concealed Carry Instructor:
Rob has over the last 10 years been a volunteer hunter education instructor in Ohio and the last 7 years has been a NRA Instructor. In 2012 he became an appointed NRA Training Counselor and is one of the few in the US that can teach all of the NRA Firearm Training Classes. Learn more about Rob on his profile.
How Do You Register For the Class:
We require pre-registration for our classes. Please click the add to cart button above to make your payment or call us to register over the phone.
Where is the Class Located?:
We hold our classes on the Indiana/Ohio border where we have a great venue where students can feel comfortable and safe. It is about a 30 minute drive west from downtown Cincinnati. Because we require pre-registration for the class we do not include the exact class location on this public part of the site. After registering you will receive the address and other class information here on the site and it will be sent to you via email within 5 minutes.